If you want to use Python to interact with a Solidity smart contract you need to know the contracts address or account number and the contracts ABI (application binary interface). The contracts ABI is the how you call functions in a contract and get data back. It is list of the contract’s functions and arguments (in JSON1 format). All of the contracts functions are specified in the contracts ABI.
The quickest way to get a contracts ABI is via Ether Scan.
- Visit Ether Scan
- Input the smart contract address into the search bar at the top of the screen
- Scroll down about half way and select the “Contract” tab
4. Scroll down a little further and you will see the contracts ABI.
5. There is a handy copy ABI to clipboard function which makes it very easy to copy this text into your code
Below is a list of EVM compatible Mainnet and Testnet blockchain networks. Each link contains network configuration, links to multiple faucets for test ETH and tokens, bridge details, and technical resources for each blockchain. Basically everything you need to test and deploy smart contracts or decentralized applications on each chain. For a list of popular Ethereum forums and chat applications click here.
|Ethereum test network configuration and test ETH faucet information|
|Optimistic Ethereum Mainnet and Testnet configuration, bridge details, etc.|
|Polygon network Mainnet and Testnet configuration, faucets for test MATIC tokens, bridge details, etc.|
|Binance Smart Chain Mainnet and Testnet configuration, faucets for test BNB tokens, bridge details, etc.|
|Fanton networt Mainnet and Testnet configuration, faucets for test FTM tokens, bridge details, etc.|
|Kucoin Chain Mainnet and Testnet configuration, faucets for test KCS tokens, bridge details, etc.|
Web3 Software Libraries
You can use the following libraries to interact with an EVM compatible blockchain.
- Python: Web3.py Python library for interacting with Ethereum. Web3.py examples
- Java: web3j Web3 Java Ethereum Ðapp API
- PHP: web3.php A php interface for interacting with the Ethereum blockchain and ecosystem.
Learn how to run a Geth node. Read getting started with Geth to run an Ethereum node.
Fix a transaction
How to fix a pending transaction stuck on Ethereum or EVM compatible chain