If you are the owner of a token on the Ethereum network or the Binance Smart Chain (BSC) you can add an image / logo to help with brand identification. In the steps below I outline how to add a image / logo to your token on each of the following blockchains and MetaMask. If you need help creating an ERC20 token or ERC721 token click on the respective links for detailed instructions.
Before you start confirm the following steps:
- You are the owner of a deployed token on Ethereum or the Binance Smart Chain (BSC)
- The token contract is confirmed and verified on Ethereum or the Binance Smart Chain (BSC)
- Make sure you have an email address that you can use to associate to your token
- You have selected an image / logo on the internet that you want to use for your token
- Your token image / logo should be 32×32 pixels and in png format
- You can use an image from your website or if you do not have a website you can use a free service like Photo Bucket or ImageBB.
Add an image / logo to a token on the Ethereum network
On Ether Scan perform the following steps:
- Log into Ether Scan
- Input your token address into Ether Scan and navigate to your tokens page
- On your tokens page click on “Edit” in the profile summary section
- You will receive the following popup
- Make sure you perform the actions outlined in the message box
- You will then be prompted to confirm your address with your private key
- Then you can complete the required information to add your token image / logo to Ether Scan
Add an image / logo to a token on the Binance Smart Chain
On BSC Scan website perform the following steps:
- Log into BSC Scan
- Input your token address into BSC Scan and navigate to your tokens page
- On your tokens page click on “Update” in the profile summary section
- The BSC Scan token information update form will display
- Complete the required information in the token update form to add your token image / logo to BSC Scan
Add an image / logo to your token in MetaMask
When your site makes a login request, MetaMask can display a modal that display’s your token or websites image / logo. If you would like to add a logo for a token or your website on MetaMask add the following information the in your header section of your website.
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="https://your-site.com/your-logo.png" />
MetaMask will retrieve the logo using HTML from the head section of your webpage
<head> link[rel="shortcut icon"]. To customize this logo for your site follow the favicon standard (opens new window). The tag’s
href attribute is used to assign the logo. Read here for more information about MetaMask integration.
Below is a list of EVM compatible Mainnet and Testnet blockchain networks. Each link contains network configuration, links to multiple faucets for test ETH and tokens, bridge details, and technical resources for each blockchain. Basically everything you need to test and deploy smart contracts or decentralized applications on each chain. For a list of popular Ethereum forums and chat applications click here.
|Ethereum test network configuration and test ETH faucet information
|Optimistic Ethereum Mainnet and Testnet configuration, bridge details, etc.
|Polygon network Mainnet and Testnet configuration, faucets for test MATIC tokens, bridge details, etc.
|Binance Smart Chain Mainnet and Testnet configuration, faucets for test BNB tokens, bridge details, etc.
|Fanton networt Mainnet and Testnet configuration, faucets for test FTM tokens, bridge details, etc.
|Kucoin Chain Mainnet and Testnet configuration, faucets for test KCS tokens, bridge details, etc.
Web3 Software Libraries
You can use the following libraries to interact with an EVM compatible blockchain.
- Python: Web3.py Python library for interacting with Ethereum. Web3.py examples
- Java: web3j Web3 Java Ethereum Ðapp API
- PHP: web3.php A php interface for interacting with the Ethereum blockchain and ecosystem.
Learn how to run a Geth node. Read getting started with Geth to run an Ethereum node.
Fix a transaction
How to fix a pending transaction stuck on Ethereum or EVM compatible chain